Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I bought a MS0100 three number (Dial) Sentry Fire Safe last…

Customer Question
I bought a MS0100 three...
I bought a MS0100 three number (Dial) Sentry Fire Safe last year. I need to find a way to change to combo. If i take it to a locksmith it would cost more than a new safe so I would like to do it myself. I am a radio Broadcast engineer but have little knowledge with locks. What is the proceedure to change the combo. Even if I just change one number it would be fine.
Thanks, Sans
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
4/18/2012
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
The manual (available at
http://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Product_Manuals )
states clearly on the second page that the three-number and the four-number combination cannot be changed. There is also a 5-digit factory code that cannot be changed.

However, there is also a User Code or a User PIN that can be changed or erased respectively. See the second page of the manual for details - or if you are still interested and would like to know how to set or change the User Code or the User PIN, just ask.