Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Samsung LN-S3241D LCD TV has a problem with the video. The

Samsung LN-S3241D LCD TV has a problem with the video. The entire screen has red, white and blue, very small pixel like dots. I can barely see the video in the background and cannot bring up the menu because I can't see it. When converting the source to Wii the same screen is shown. Any suggestions. I received no warnings. Ond day it was fine and the next not. Thanks
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Thanks for a full explaination
From what your describing its either a bad LCD driver board (tcon)or a bad LCD panel (screen)if its the latter i'm afraid its not a viable economic repair, the tcon can only be checked by substitution effectively so if you think you want to risk trying the tcon yourself let me know I think its about $100-$150 however as I say it could be the panel this isnt unusual I see about 10 bad LCD panels a week
The tcon is relatively easy to change

Let me know if your happy with trying a fix yourself and I will provide more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I decide to try the tcon route do you think the company will refund the cost of the item if it doesn't repair the screen, once it is installed?
Hi

OK my main suppliers dont stock the new tcon board for this model
Its available here from this board pulling site at $39 well worth the risk

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LN-S3241D

Please make sure the part number on your board marrys up to this one as their are variants, the tcon is the upper middle board has a multistrand lead going up to it may be covered by a metal shield relatively straight forward to remove be very careful with the leads

Anthony
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** good. You mentioned in your first response that you would give me a little detail regarding the installation of the board. I have the Tv mounted to a wall bracket. How hard will it be?

Hi

Well it needs to come down off the wall
Its a 32 so you can lower this safely onto a soft blanket face first carefully you dont want to damage the display
Remove the back of the set , upper middle is the tcon board its self evident how it comes out

Anthony
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will give it a shot. Thanks for the info.
Hi

Thanks for accept
You can always come back here if you have any difficulties just bookmark this page

Anthony