Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Does the Denon AVR1312 receiver support ARC Many of the desriptions

Customer Question
Does the Denon AVR1312 receiver...
Does the Denon AVR1312 receiver support ARC? Many of the desriptions of this product on line say that it does but I can't seem to get it to work. I have a new Samsung 55" LED Smart TV (model 7050) that has an HDMI input jack labeled HDMI(ARC). I have an HDMI high speed cable running from the HDMI out on the receiver to the HDMI(ARC) input on the TV. When I stream content into the TV through a high speed ethernet line (LAN), the sound only comes through the TV speakers. I can't get the receiver to process the sound. I thought ARC meant that the HDMI line could both receive audio as well as send audio recieved directly from the TV to the receiver. Very frustrated because when I first set everything up we were getting sound through the surround sound system from internet contect streamed from the TV. I would appreciate if you could also send any response [email protected] as well. Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/6/2011
Electronics Technician: Steve G., Engineer replied 6 years ago
Steve G., Engineer

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. I'm Steve, I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

The 1312 doe NOT support ARC over HDMI. Where did you see information to the contrary?

What you will have to do is run a cheap optical cable from the TV to the Denon. You can get a cable from Walmart or Best Buy for a few dollars or buy them for one cent on Amazon :)

Just ask if you need more help on this issue. I will be here.

If you don't, please click ACCEPT to help my rating on 'Just Answer' and please leave positive feedback. If you do not plan to leave positive feedback, please do not click accept but instead, tell me how I can improve on my answer. Bonuses are a bonus!

Thanks very much.

Steve G., Engineer
Steve G., Engineer