Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

How can I update my map on the Pioneer AVIC-U220

Customer Question
?...
How can I update my map on the Pioneer AVIC-U220 ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
8/21/2011
Electronics Technician: Tas H, Application Engineer replied 6 years ago
Tas H
Tas H, Application Engineer

Tas H :

Hi, My Name is Tas I will be happy to assist you with your question today.

Tas H :

Most likely you will find map upgrade in an SD card and that will come with detail instructions, normally its plug and play.. Let me see if i can find an upgrade for your

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

I already know that it will be through an sd card or plugging in a usb which came with the gps. I can't find anywhere to download it from that's the issue

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

I visited pioneer electronics and they do not mention anything about upgrading the maps

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

updating*

Tas H :

here are two links talk about upgrades

Tas H :

once you find the respective upgrade if available for your specific model then you will have to activate it online using below link before you can install it .

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

right.

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

I've been to these links already

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

They are not for my model though

Tas H :

Yeah i can't see your specific model. the closest i found is AVIC-U310.

Tas H :

let me look into this little bit more .. give me a sec

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

sure

Tas H :

I dont have a great news for this specific unit, from my research as such there is no update available for public directly.

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

so there isn't an update yet available then?

Tas H :

there could be two reasons. Either is not available yet or is only available through pioneer customer service.

Tas H :

your best approach will be to have a quick chat directly with pioneer nav dept regarding upgrade and check with the model if its available or not

Tas H :

call 1-800-421-1404. Hours of operations are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. EST

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

I'm back to where I began then...Right I know I am calling them tomorrow but I wanted to do it today. Apparently I won't be able to do that though.

Tas H :

I will be honest in general i have seen some reviews not that positive and in particular customer complain about the map upgrade. You can certainly upgrade the maps its just mater of getting from Pioneer if they have made available.

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

Even then they may not have it too.

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

right

Tas H :

Honestly even calling them, most likely you will get similar answer. But doesnt hurt to make a quick call to verify.

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

Well does this mean I get to keep my balance then? Since I don't really have a solution

Tas H :

If you feel my time spent and research was helpful. please hit accept so i can get credit for my time.

Tas H :

This thread will remain open for further consultation.

Tas H :

You can wait till you make the call and verify this information before you feel to hit ACCEPT on this answer.

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

I appreciate you looking into my problem, and trying to find a solution. I can't say that I am satisfied however, because although you did look into it, at the end all you could really suggest was calling pioneer and let them know about my issue with the update.

Tas H :

Unfortunately that was the only possible solution as there is no update available at this time which is accessible directly via internet. Thanks again for using JA.

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

What do I do now? close this window?

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

well, actually. Do I have to call customer service to get my money back? If so, could I have the number please

Tas H :

Yes - you can always come back after calling pioneer and ask for more clarifications on this. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-apgidrxr- :

Well, even if pioneer is able to find an update for me, they would be the ones who helped me out with it. I'm sorry but I can't accept this answer. I was just told to call pioneer regarding my problem. That is not worth $38.

Tas H :

I am sorry for not being able to help you out. Thanks

Tas H
Tas H
Tas H, Application Engineer