Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

my panasonic viera plasma hdtv is showing a blinking light

next to the power light...
my panasonic viera plasma hdtv is showing a blinking light next to the power light indicator and has no picture or sound. what can i do to fix it -EDIT- unfortunately we unplugged the TV and now it won't turn on. I just found a site that says that the number of blinks is the diagnostic code. could have been four or five?!? : (
7/29/2011
ricke1973
ricke1973, ELECTRONICS

Hello [Sir/Ms], My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem

Count the LED blinking pattern before it pauses and repeats?

Can I have your make and model,,

on the rear of the TV

first would like for you to pull the power to all devices from the wall outlets for 90secs,,cable box,, satellite,, surge protector let me know if it works

do you have the tools,, voltage meter and skills to repair yourself? or just want a estimate

The TV is a Panasonic Vierra TC-P50S1. Unfortunately we unplugged all cables, including the power supply, before we knew to count the pattern. After unplugging everything and plugging the power supply back into the outlet, the TV no longer does anything. I do have a Digisnap Voltage meter. I think it's an antique. I do not know how to use it or if it even works, but I do have the instruction booklet.

well if its totally dead,, this is a strong indication of the power supply being bad,, check the fuse and if its good then the power supply should be changed,,

let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!

If you have more questions please ask if not satisfied!

Only accept an answer when you are totally satisfied and willing to leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs even if the tv is repaired now or needs to go to the shop then please press the "accept" button. you can always reply back to me.

I got the light to start flashing again. TEN flashes. How do I check the fuse?
10 flashes isnt the fuse,, give me some time to down load this manual

'The HDMI1 & HDMI2 inputs (at the rear) unlike the HDMI3 input do not have the equalizer/buffer circuit between the HDMI input and the HDMI receiver. They are dedicated HDMI ports for Audio/Video components (Blu-ray, Satellite boxes, Cable boxes, PVR). Without the equalizer/buffer circuit, the tv will not display picture and/or sound.

'If the PC cable is sending the 3.3v typical of pc connections, the tv may shut down and go into this 10 blinking pattern. For now, only HDMI 3 is recommended for PC connections, which does have the equalizer/buffer circuit.'

I unplugged the power supply and plugged the HDMI from Direct TV in to HDMI1. Now the TV won't do anything again.

well it is what i thought,, its the A board,, wanted to be sure

graphic

so what is the solution then? Do I have to buy an A-Board?
YES a board is the answer,,

These are some part stores, CALL THEM IF POSSIBLE always check with manufacturer, and you will need the name of the part ,,and your model number

www.andrewselectronics.com

www.partstore.com

www.mcmelectronics.com

www.encompassparts.com

Is this something I would be able to install myself?

Sure,, as long as you have some mechanical skills,, just replacing a board.

graphic

Do you know the part number or would it be on the board?
your model number to the tv,,is all you need when requesting the A board,, im pretty sure we covered everything,, its late hear,, so any question,, please ask now,, i will be signing off soon,, good luck in your repairs,, click here for the main board
ricke1973
ricke1973, ELECTRONICS

I only wanted to ask a specific expert. he suggested something. I paid him. I spent $80 on parts. Now I have to spend another $80.

Optional Information:
Make: Panasonic
Model: TC-P50S1

Already Tried:
unplugged all cords and plugged the AC cord into the outlet. plugged the ac cord into a power strip by itself. Purchased and replaced the S Board. Purchased and replaced the AC power cord.

Detail Required: LOW; Urgency: LOW
ok do you need any more help friend
Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. I just installed the new power board I bought. Still having the same issue. Ten blinking lights. No TV.
i apologize i never told you to replace the power board,, i just read all the threads we covered the power board was only mentioned when you weren't sure about the blink code,, after you were certain of the blink code i mentioned the A board not the power,,sorry for the confusion but its in all of our threads
ricke1973
ricke1973, ELECTRONICS

Yes. I replaced the A Board per your first suggestion. Then a different expert answered in a different question to replace the power board. So, since it was still cheaper than buying a new TV and you had mentioned that first in our initial exchange, I replaced the P Board.

Sorry for the confusion. Just want my TV back :(

I buckled and took it to a repair company. I just hope they barter the price down in exchange for some new parts ...

Thanks for your time. I understand it must be hard diagnosing an issue without physically seeing the TV. I appreciate the fact you shared your knowledge with me and apologize if I seemed ungrateful.

ricke1973
ricke1973
ricke1973, ELECTRONICS