Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Ip Address For My Canon Pixma Mg5220

Customer Question
Ip Address For My Canon Pixma Mg5220
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/22/2011
Electronics Technician: Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer replied 6 years ago
Sandeep Pamarati

Sandeep Pamarati :

Hello sir/maam,

Sandeep Pamarati :

Happy to help you

Sandeep Pamarati :

Please follow the below steps...

Set "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" in both computers.

Caution: Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) does not have to be set if you are already using application software which requires TCP/IP protocol such as Internet or E-mail. If you change the TCP/IP setting, Internet or E-mail cannot be used. Set it only when network is never used before.

2-1. Click 'Start', then 'Control Panel'.

2-2. When the Control Panel window is displayed, click 'Network and Internet Connections'.

Note: The window may not be displayed depending on the computer environment.

2-3. Click 'Network Connections'.

Display varies according to the computer environment.

2-4. When the Network Connections window is displayed, right-click the 'Local Area Connection', and click 'Properties'.

Note: The name of Local Area Connection can be changed voluntarily. The name may vary according to the computer environment.

2-5. When the Local Area Connection Properties window is displayed, confirm that File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks is displayed in This connection uses the following items in the General sheet.

A) If it is not displayed, click 'Install'

B) If it is displayed, go to step 2-9.

2-6. When the Select Network Component Type window is displayed, select 'Service', and click 'Add'.

2-7. When the Select Network Service window is displayed, select 'File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks', and click 'OK'

2-8. When the Local Area Connection Properties window is displayed again, confirm that 'File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks' is added.

2-9. Set the IP address of TCP/IP protocol.

A) If the IP address is already set or automatically acquired from the DHCP server, go to procedure 3.

B) If the IP address is not set yet, go to step 2-10.

2-10. Select 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)', and click 'Properties'.

2-11. When the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window is displayed, select 'Use the following IP address', and enter the IP address and the subnet mask, and click 'OK'.

Note:

If using application software which requires TCP/IP protocol such as Internet, an IP address is already set. If you change the IP address, Internet does not operate properly.

If you already have an IP address, do not change the IP address, go to procedure 3.

2-12. When the Local Area Connection Properties window is displayed again, click 'Close'.

3) Specify the printer sharing settings in the print server

Specify settings of the iP4200 printer driver in the print server.

3-1. Click 'Start', then 'Control Panel'.

3-2. When the Control Panel window is displayed, click Printers and Other Hardware.

3-3. Click 'Printers and Faxes'.

3-4. When the Printers and Faxes window is displayed, select 'Canon iP4200', and click 'Sharing' in the File menu.

3-5. When the Canon iP4200 Properties window is displayed, click 'If you understand the security risks but want to share printers without turning the wizard, click here'.

3-6. When the Enable Printer Sharing window is displayed, select 'Just enable printer sharing' and then click 'OK'.

3-7. When the Canon iP4200 Properties window is displayed, select 'Share this printer', enter any preferred name in Share name field and then click 'OK' to close the Properties window..

Here, we enter iP4200.

Note: The name entered here is needed when specifying the settings in the client.

3-8. Confirm that the following icon which indicates that the Canon iP4200 printer is shared is displayed.

4) Check a computer name of the print server

Check the workgroup name and computer name of the print server. These names are needed when setting the port of the client in procedure 5.

4-1. Click 'Start', right-click 'My Computer', and then click 'Properties'.

4-2. When the System Properties window is displayed, click the 'Computer Name' tab, and check the computer name. The name is needed when specifying the settings in the client.

Here, the computer name is Canon.

5) Specify the printer sharing settings in the client

In the client, specify settings of the iP4200 printer driver.

5-1. Click 'Start', and 'Control Panel'.

5-2. When the Control Panel window is displayed, click 'Printers and Other Hardware'.

5-3. Click 'Printers and Faxes'.

5-4. When the Printer and Faxes window is displayed, select 'Canon iP4200', and click 'Properties' in the File menu.

5-5. When the Canon iP4200 Properties window is displayed, click the 'Ports' tab, and click 'Add Port'.

5-6. When the Printer Ports window is displayed, select 'Local Port', and click 'New Port'.

5-7. When the Port Name window is displayed, enter the server computer name and the printer name as shown below, and click 'OK'.

\\server computer name\name of the printer to be shared

Note

The server computer name is the name you confirmed as the full computer name in step 2, procedure 4.
The name of the printer to be shared is the name you entered in step 5, procedure 3.
Here, \\Canon\iP4200 is entered.

5-8. When the Printer Ports window is displayed, click 'Close'.

5-9. When the Canon iP4200 Properties window is displayed, confirm that the port which was set in step 5-6 is added (and selected), and click 'Apply'.

5-10. If the icon of the Canon iP4200 printer tells you that the network is connected, the settings are done.

Now, printing can be performed from the client.

Sandeep Pamarati :

Let me know if you have any questions

Sandeep Pamarati :

Thanks for your time...

Sandeep Pamarati :

Good Day to you

Sandeep Pamarati :

JS2348

Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati
Sandeep Pamarati, Engineer