Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I hit something on remote that converted tv to digital air .

Customer Question
I hit something on remote...
I hit something on remote that converted tv to "digital air". Now stuck with error message that says "failed to receive broadcast e202". How do i get my tv back to normal
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/17/2011
Electronics Technician: ProTV and Audio, TV & Audio Technician replied 6 years ago
ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio, TV & Audio Technician

ProTV and Audio :

Thank you for your question.

ProTV and Audio :

This will depend on which input you were using prior to the power outage.

Customer: O
Customer: Ok
ProTV and Audio :

Is this a direct Comcast cable connect or Comcast box?

Customer: Box is rg100 comcast
ProTV and Audio :

Thank you

Customer: Sorry rng200
ProTV and Audio :

OK, how is the box connected to the TV?

Customer: A cable. Sorry still looking at it
Customer: A cable from the cable in thingy
ProTV and Audio :

If it goes to the RF antenna input then you would put your TV on channel 3 or 4.

ProTV and Audio :

Channel 3 would be the most common. Push 3 and then enter on your TV remote.

Customer: It wont change tv channels
Customer: Just has that error message
ProTV and Audio :

What brand TV and model do you have and which remote are you using?

Customer: Sharp plasma tv says aquos on it
ProTV and Audio :

OK, using the Sharp remote in the TV Mode, push the number #3 or 03 and see what happens.

Customer: If i hit the channel changer the cable box numbers move but tv does nothing
ProTV and Audio :

OK tha means it is in the Cable box mode.

ProTV and Audio :

Change to the TV mode by pushing the TV button on the remote.

ProTV and Audio :

It is better to use the original TV remote so we know it is in the correct mode.

Customer: How do i get to tv mode. I hit the tv button but when i hit the numbers the cable light on the remote still lights up
ProTV and Audio :

Are you using the Shapr or Comcast remote?

Customer: Comcast. Tv came with house. Dont have tv remote.
ProTV and Audio :

Go to the TV and see if y ou can change the channel to 3 by the channel up/down button.

Customer: No. Still error message. If i hit input button though the inputs show up.
ProTV and Audio :

OK just a moment.

Customer: I put input on tv. But other options are input1, etc.
Customer: When i manually hit the channel button on the tv just has error message and says "digital air"
ProTV and Audio :

Yes, with the input on TV, what happens wehn you use channel scan buttons on the TV itself?

Customer: Error message off and says digital air
ProTV and Audio :

OK, can y ou access the TV menu using the Comcast remote?

Customer: I hit the menu button. Its on picture
ProTV and Audio :

Can you send me a picture of the remote control you are using?

ProTV and Audio :

Or the model number on the remote would help?

Customer: Ok
Customer: How or where do i send the pic. What address
ProTV and Audio :

The tree Icon will let you send a picture less than 1 Mb

Customer: Ok 1sec
Customer: I know i am anidiot but where is the tree icon
ProTV and Audio :

Is there a menu button on the TV, if so please send the model number.

Customer: Menu only on remote. Remote just says comcast on it
ProTV and Audio :

It may not be there while we are in chat... if we switch over it will be more difficult to communicate using the email method.

ProTV and Audio :

Normall Comcast will program the house TV into there remote control if the TV and box were there at the same time.

ProTV and Audio :

If your TV arrived after the box then I can understant the difficulty.

Customer: I just switched to input 2. Now i get a channel. But channels dont move. Just get one channel now
ProTV and Audio :

OK then it appears that the Input 2 may be the live input. Be sure the remote is back in the cable mode and try changing the Comcast box shoiuld now change.

ProTV and Audio :

that is... in the Cable mode the channels should change the channels through the Comcast box...

Customer: If i point to box it changes. Youbare right
ProTV and Audio :

Good!

Customer: Just dont know how to get back to tv mode. Hitting tv button isnt working
ProTV and Audio :

Don't worry about the TV mode if the box is setup on Input 2, that is a better input to use.

Customer: Ok. Thx
ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio, TV & Audio Technician
ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio
ProTV and Audio, TV & Audio Technician