Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Re Panasonic NV-VP32 Error message F09. What do I d

Customer Question
Re: Panasonic NV-VP32 Error message F09. What...
Re: Panasonic NV-VP32

Error message F09.

What do I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/12/2011
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience
. Should you still need assistance...

Initially, error code F09 is a general protection fault. It refers to unable to proceed/play. More particularly, this would indicate insufficient voltages supplied to certain circuitries hence their inability to operate.

Offhand, this is an internal hardware fault requiring that the Panasonic be opened up to effect repairs.

Options then are:
  • consider a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair if and only if comfortable working with electronic components & circuitry, use of a DVM/VOM, a soldering iron/station and safe practices with electrically powered devices. Access to a Service Manual or at the very least, a schematic diagram would be a necessity;
  • should you be uncomfortable with a DIY, perhaps your best bet would then be to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Service Center or a qualified professional;
  • evaluate other options considering cost of repair, down time, cost of shipping, parts availability and comparable prices of newer/better models.

Are you considering a DIY approach? If yes, primary suspects would be:
  • fusible link IP1240 (least likely);
  • cold solder on the terminals of the power components particularly D1240, 1241, 1260 and D1270 (likely);
  • C1240 & C1260 both 1000μF/10V (most likely).
and/or their related circuitry.

Please post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.

Louie, Technician

Thank you for your time- since I am not an electronic expert- I will take it in to get fixed.

Thanks

I understand.

Good luck and thank you for asking.

This is not an Info Request.