Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

How To Unlock Samsung Galaxy Tablet Without Losing Data?

Customer Question
How do I unlock my...

How do I unlock my Samsung galaxy tab without losing my stored data?

I can’t remember my password.

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
5/11/2011
Electronics Technician: TX_Engineer, BSEE replied 6 years ago
TX_Engineer

If you've registered it with Google/Gmail and your password ***** you can recover your Gmail password, which should be the same as your Galaxy phone.

As you might have forgotten that Gmail password ***** is the link to recover it:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=12382.

If you were not registered with the Gmail account or did not go through that setup, then the only option is a hard reset (which will result in stored data loss). The hard reset procedure is:

1. Turn the power off. If your Samsung Galaxy is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it.

2. Hold the Volume Down button.

3. Press and release the Power button.
4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Sim lock.

5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button.

6. Press and release the Power button.

7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO. (Make sure you're still holding the volume button when you press and release the power button in the instructions above).

TX_Engineer
TX_Engineer
TX_Engineer
TX_Engineer, BSEE