Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

my bose wave radio II quit working. i put new battery in remote.

Customer Question
ALL it will do is...
my bose wave radio II quit working. i put new battery in remote. ALL it will do is display the time. SN is 034037C00715044AC. I think it is about 1-2 yr old
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
4/13/2011
Electronics Technician: TX_Engineer, BSEE replied 6 years ago
TX_Engineer
Th official answer from Bose is that only Bose can service your radio. And they do so by offering a discount on a replacement radio.

As you know, based on your serial number and purchase date, your radio is out of the factory 1 year warranty - (assuming it's 1+ year out of purchase date).

I really don't like providing this answer, because it's not what most people want to hear... However, at $500 for a new Wave Radio - and even after a product discount, Bose is typically going to give you $125 credit, it's still an expensive unit.

The alternative is a non-certified repair facility that repairs Bose units at a flat rate. It requires mailing in the radio, but at a flat rate of $129 - it's the best deal you're going to find, short of having the electronics diagnostic tools to repair it yourself.

That company is: Colorado - Norbern Electronics.

To get in touch with them: http://www.myboserepair.com/bose_wave_radio_repair.htm

Note, if yours is the latest model without buttons on the top, it may have to go back to Bose for repair - or replacement. To get an RMA request via Bose: 1-877-210-3782
TX_Engineer
TX_Engineer
TX_Engineer
TX_Engineer, BSEE