Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

my kindle screen has lines all through it, how can i fix t…

Customer Question
my kindle screen has lines...
my kindle screen has lines all through it, how can i fix this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/25/2011
Electronics Technician: Daniel, Electrical Engineer replied 7 years ago
Daniel, Electrical Engineer

Hi there happy to help.

Please try the following.

Unplug the Kindle from all outside sources.

Hold the power slide to the right for 20 seconds.

The Kindle should flash and restart. Problem free.

Let me know,

still not working

OK, how old is the unit?

just bought it in december

OK, complete no brainer.

Amazon is one of the best companies we deal with as far as warranty replacement goes.

Contact them here, tell them what we have tried and they will send you a new one, no problem.......

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200144500

And here's a little extra for you.......

If you find yourself out of warranty on the Kindle(past one year), and something like this happens.......call them anyway. I've had alot of customers that Amazon still replaced their Kindle for them. They are very good with Kindle customers.

Take care,

Daniel, Electrical Engineer