Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Pioneer cd changer - cdx-fm1287 that will not power…

Customer Question
I have a Pioneer cd...
I have a Pioneer cd changer - cdx-fm1287 that will not power back on. I have checked voltage to the end of the plug and it has 11.8 volts on the battery wire and 11.57 on the accessory wire. The ground wire is connected. I have tried using the clear button and it will not power up. The magazine will not come out. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
2/12/2011
Electronics Technician: romr2009, Electronics Engineer replied 7 years ago
romr2009
romr2009, Electronics Engineer

• You have a power problem.
  • The battery should provide 12.6 volts with the engine off and 13.8 volts with the engine running.
  • The most common culprit is a bad ground connection where it bolts to the car chassis.
  • Corrosion can get under the ground screw or the ground screw is loose.
romr2009
romr2009, Electronics Engineer