Consumer Electronics

I have a Panasonic KX-T7030 telephone system in my home that…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic KX-T7030...
I have a Panasonic KX-T7030 telephone system in my home that is linked to my doorbell(intercom)--At random hours the doorbell will just ring and continue to ring when nobody pushes the button. I can hear a clicking sound coming from the main box. Can you explain what is wrong and how to fix it? I looked to see if there was an internal battery but... Read full answer
I have a Panasonic KX-T7030 telephone system in my home that is linked to my doorbell(intercom)--At random hours the doorbell will just ring and continue to ring when nobody pushes the button. I can hear a clicking sound coming from the main box. Can you explain what is wrong and how to fix it? I looked to see if there was an internal battery but there isn't. I appreciate your help. Thak you!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/7/2011
Electronics Technician: Tas H, Application Engineer replied 8 years ago
Tas H
Tas H, Application Engineer

Tas H :

Hi, My Name isXXXXX will be happy to assist you with your question today.

Tas H :

Can you further help me understand your current configuration between door bell and phone ? And does it operate OK in normal conditions as configured?

Customer :

I can explain the operation but not necessrily the configuration. When the doorbell rings I hear it in the house through the panasonic intercom system of the 2 telephones. If I pick up one of the telephone receivers before the 4th ring I can communicate with the person outside. Otherwise the system works as a telephone/indoor intercom system. It has worked well for quite a few years.

Tas H :

Thanks that helps. So beside the random door bell problem if you push the button outside it works normal ?

Tas H :

I think there is some kind of loose connection outside the door bell button or due to rain or splashes of water it shorts together and that activates the door bell. Off course i wont recommend checking the button or replacing the door bell button yourself unless you are comfortable and experienced to work on AC power. Also try to blow warm air on the door bell button using air blower. and let me know how this works. Please ask for more clarifications if you need. If you are satisfied with the help don't forget to hit ACCEPT. Your positive feedback is warmly appreciated. Thanks

Customer :

I will look at the connections where the doorbell is attached to the wall and where it feeld into the phone system to see if that is the problem--We have had an awful lot of rain lately.

Customer :

will let you know

Tas H : That explains, I am positive rain is the trouble maker. Make sure to check the button outside. Keep me posted
Customer :

will do

Customer :

Is there anything particular I should look for when I pull the doorbell cover off? Since this system is also integrated with my alarm system, could the battery running the alarm system cause the short?

Tas H :

Hi

Tas H :

I still think you need to check the door bell button outside which is exposed to weather. I am sure your actual door bell is indoor which is not the problem. I don't think the battery as such can cause the short when its dead or burnt its open circuit. Also your problem is not related to the battery problem. but doesn't hurt to do a quick inspection check the wiring connecting the batteries in the door bell.

Customer :

had alarm battery checked--it's good---took cover off exposed doorbell and it was dry inside and connection looks good-I think the problem may be at the interface box where all the telephone wires are connected, but I don't have the knowledge or tools to detect a short> I presume the first place to go is to an electrician rather than a communications specialist. Do you agree?

Tas H :

Before you go to the electrician or network/communication specialist. Can you confirm if you checked the door bell button outside the house the one people press to activate the bell. I agree nature of your door bell problem could be combination of both electrical and communication. to diagnosis further in depth start with the electrician to ensure any short or loose connection and most likely he would be able to check any interface connection between both system before going to a network/communication specialist. I hope i was helpful, please don't hesitate to ask for more clarifications. If you are satisfied with the help don't forget to hit ACCEPT.

Customer :

I will check the doorbell function, at gate and front door, today, when I re-hook up the 2 telephones, and get back with you.

Tas H :

Yes please do that. I am positive thats where the problem is. Keep me posted. Thanks

Tas H :

Please keep me posted with any update and dont hesitate to ask more clarifications. If satisfied with the help your ACCEPT and positive feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
We have Panasonic telephones Model No. KX-TGFA61. We do not
We have Panasonic telephones Model No. KX-TGFA61. We do not have a dial tone, but our phones ring. When we answer, there is no sound. … read more
In an effort to obtain more handsets for our 9000 sq. ft.
In an effort to obtain more handsets for our 9000 sq. ft. home, we replaced the previous Panasonic telephone system with model KX-TGF572. In the process, our door bells, which ring through the phone s… read more
Richard Hill
Richard Hill
I bought the Panasonic KX-TG5571 and charged it last night
I bought the Panasonic KX-TG5571 and charged it last night but can't get it registered. When I hold the Intercom button for 3 seconds and push OK it doesn't work. … read more
IT Manager,
Stop searching for answers—
We have panasonic telephone equipment, model KX-TGA470.
we have panasonic telephone equipment, model KX-TGA470. phone will ring, but no sound when answered. dial tone works. cannot dial out. same issues all three phones … read more
IT Manager,
KX-TG6671 not working properly. I need a manual. Also I
no. KX-TG6671 not working properly. I need a manual. Also I replaced the batteries in the hand phonesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss with rechargeable ones but it doesn't seem to … read more
Greg A.
Greg A.
Engineer,
Several years ago we purchased a Panasonic KX-T7020
Several years ago we purchased a Panasonic KX-T7020 telephone system. Our local telephone company now requires us to dial our area code for local calls. The instructions we have don't seem to explain … read more
Service Tech,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Do you have a US version of the video intercom system VL-SWD501
Do you have a US version of the video intercom system VL-SWD501 by Panasonic. The critical element being that it is wired to the first monitor and then wireless throughout the house. ie. monitor to mo… read more
Senior Engineer,
I've got the 1 C thing happening, stayed that way for a while
I've got the 1 C thing happening, stayed that way for a while after a power outage during an electrical storm, now the intercom works but the doorbell is gone… read more
Service Tech,
I have a westinghouse doorbell intercom and it only responds
I have a westinghouse doorbell intercom and it only responds to the one in the kitchen help… read more
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Bachelor's Program
Helo,I need anew battery for my telephone KX 5G 5421. The
Helo, I need anew battery for my telephone KX 5G 5421. The number of the battery is HHRP104. tHANK YOU.***@******.*** Norbert xxxxx… read more
Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres
Hi Carl,Thank you for following up. This is jus a con
Hi Carl, Thank you for following up. This is jus a continuation of my last question. I purchased a ne unit as you suggested and installed it about an hour ago. Same problem! What next? Mike XXXXXX… read more
Carl L
Carl L
Owner/CEO,
Ihave an older nutone intercome system AM & FM which I think
Ihave an older nutone intercome system AM & FM which I think is model 2541. I had some renovation in the house and the guy who was trying to fix the doorbell may have done something inappropriate and … read more
bill
bill
ctc,
Stop searching for answers—
We moved into a house where we have an 8EXT Panasonic telephone
We moved into a house where we have an 8EXT Panasonic telephone system, which also rings the phone when someone uses our doorbell. A month ago, the doorbell side of things stopped working. If I ring t… read more
Panasonic Hybrid Phone KX T7030 I can receive calls but
Panasonic Hybrid Phone KX T7030 I can receive calls but cannot place a call. This phone is in a residence. I have had this phone for 12 years... no problems. I don't know if a recent power failure mes… read more
romr2009
romr2009
my doorbell chime on my home intercom system doesnt work we
my doorbell chime on my home intercom system doesnt work we hear it very softly i removed the door bell button an attached the wires and got no response we have a ntone intercom sytem what do u think … read more
I have a DoorBell Fon door answering system. It is wired into
I have a DoorBell Fon door answering system. It is wired into the phone line and used to ring my Panasonic KX-TG6700 phones. I had one base and three extra hand sets. Then the phones stopped ringing w… read more
romr2009
romr2009
I have a two line Panasonic KXTG 6700 and bought and additional
I have a two line Panasonic KXTG 6700 and bought and additional handset in addition to the one which came with the phone. I am unable to register the handset. I push intercom on the baseunit, wait 3 a… read more
Technician,
Industrial Technologist
We have a Panasonic 308 EASA-Phone system in our office that
We have a Panasonic 308 EASA-Phone system in our office that was off for to a day or more with a power outage. When it came back on the phones work but when you pick up the receiver to call out it's o… read more
Pmiller
Pmiller
Retired-Owner/Master Installer/Tech,