Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a sharp xr-30x projector the lamp light will not come

on I have replaced the...
I have a sharp xr-30x projector the lamp light will not come on I have replaced the bulb assembly but the status light blinks and then the projector will eventually shut down. Any ideas it is not all that old.
11/8/2010
Anthony
Anthony, Technician

Hello
Welcome

Thanks for using JustAnswer

Sharp projectors sometimes wont start up unless you reset the lamp hours

You do this by holding down on the projector itself whilst in standby menu/help.....enter.........and arrow down then press standby on the lamp hours will be reset and appear on screen

Let me know if you need more information please

Anthony

did that already

Hello

Please just indicate again the sequence of the lights on the unit right up to shutdown I know you have indicated this in your first post but i'm just reiterating here while I check all my bulletins on this unit

Anthony

ok turn the projector on power light comes on green lamp light comes on green starts solid then starts blinking no light from bulb stays solid green for a little then starts blinking again still no light from bulb it does this sequence a few times then the lamp and power light go solid red

Hello

Please initially check the lamp door switch is being activated as the lamp door goes on it closes a switch

If not this then the lamp is not being fired by the ballast

Let me know how this goes please

Anthony

how do i do this check?

The lamp door makes contact with a tiny switch usually on the front but could be on the back, if this switch isnt closed the machine wont start up....

I'm pretty sure its just on that ledge were the lamp cover goes on near the front

Anthony

the top goes down and as far as I can tell turns the switch on. any way to check?

HMM if it presses and switches ok you can feel it do this it may be worth discounting this as being faulty

After this it gets a lot harder i'm afraid as it may be the ballast not firing the lamp in which case I dont think you can do anymore, the original lamp may have damaged the ballast if it failed violently?

Anthony

do you have a suggestion where i could send for repair

Hello

You could really do with a Sharp service agent to do this I would suggest you ring them or use the service locater part of the website www.sharp.com

Anthony

Anthony
Anthony, Technician
Anthony
Anthony
Anthony, Technician