Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Front loading dvd tv comb0 disk won't eject, tries powering…

front loading dvd tv comb0...
front loading dvd tv comb0 disk won't eject, tries powering down disk will not eject is anyone there still waiting why can't I get an answer
11/1/2010
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Should you still need assistance...

Initially, please determine and postback the model number. Or at least if the TV/DVD combo uses a slot loading type or tray.

Offhand, if it were a slot loading type, have you tried:
  • pressing the STOP button for 10 seconds or more;
  • unplug, press EJECT while plugging back in;
  • using a credit card like something inserted through the disc slot to ' jar ' / ' fish ' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button; and/or
  • spraying compressed air through a nozzle tubing to 'float' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button; or
  • consider using a pair of long reach tweezers as a last resort as these would scratch the disc surface rendering the disc eventually unusable.
The prescribed approach is to open the TV/DVD combo, remove the DVD drive, and manually eject the erring disc.

Good luck and thank you for asking.
it is a westinghouse combo with a slot, looking in the slot it seems 2 metal pieces are blocking me from in sert another disk and an icon to close is on the screen. Tried everything you said to try.
Unfortunately, without a model number, I am unable to provide other options.

Still, perhaps other members of the site could provide an alternate approach. I have opened up the question.

Again, good luck with the Westinghouse TV/DVD combo.

This is not an Info request.
Pradeep Mallick
Pradeep Mallick, Engineer
Hello dear customer.
Thank you for using just answer.
I am glad to be at your service.

Dear Sir/Madam

There are a few steps we can look at in order to solve this problem -

1. STEP 1 -

Try to locate if there is a small hole along the switch panel or on the disk tray.
If yes then you can insert a fine pin into it and push it in order to roll the tray out.

2. STEP 2 -
There is usually a inner button that you can press with a tip, often behind the aesthetic panel.
It depends on the model though.

3. STEP 3 -
If the DVD unit uses a slot type entry, have you tried using a credit card like something to 'fish' / 'jar' the erring disc while pressing on the EJECT button? Spraying with a can of compressed air through a nozzle like tubing may also be considered. The idea is to float the disc to initiate the eject procedures. A likely possibility is that the center hole of the disc is stuck to the spindle of the player.

4. STEP 4 -
Unplug the player from wall power. Using a screwdriver, remove the screws holding the case to the chassis. Remove the case. You should now have access to the DVD multi disc tray. Turn the tray by hand until you can extract the stuck DVD. Reassemble the case. Unless further damage occurred, you should be good to go.

Any of the 4 steps might help you to remove the disc stuck within.
But in order to fix this problem , you shall have to take the help of a technician who can open it up and check if the belt and spindle are working properly or not.
There might be a chance that the belt would have slipped off the spindle which is causing the problem.
Once these things are looked at , the device shall be fine.

Hope the information provided was helpful.
IF MY SERVICE WAS SATISFACTORY THEN PLEASE REMEMBER TO ACCEPT AND GIVE FEEDBACKS.
Regards
Pradeep.
(THANK YOU AGAIN FOR USING JUST ANSWER.)
Pradeep Mallick
Pradeep Mallick, Engineer
Pradeep Mallick
Pradeep Mallick
Pradeep Mallick, Engineer