Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Hi, I have a SA-PT460 DVD/ home cinema system. The dvd tray

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Panasonic...
Hi, I have a Panasonic SA-PT460 DVD/ home cinema system. The dvd tray keeps on opening and will only stay in the open position. When it closes, it gets to the end of its travel and then there is the grating of the gears, as if it is trying to travel further/ not reached the micro switch( if there is 1). After a short pause, it opens, and stays open until I press the close button and then the process repeats itself.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 day by:
9/15/2010
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 7 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
Moderator
Electronics Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 7 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello
I have loved Electronics since I was 5 years old
I have been servicing Electronics for better than 20 years
you are absolutly right its not reaching the micro switch
there ia an obstruction or the tray has jumped timing
this is not something you can be talked through on the internet
take to a servicer if you dont find a stuck disc in it
repair 75-100 dollars
Hello
repair 75-100 dollars

Relist: Answer quality.
I may just be asking the wrong type of question, where the only answer is to take it to a service engineer. Unfortunately, I am not going to pay someone to tell me to take it to a service engineer. I am looking for model specific information that may allow me to repair/ reset the unit myself. If this is not possible, I will then pay to have it repaired. Thank you.
Anthony F.
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center