Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Fault U99 on Panasonic DVD recorder display will not chang…

Customer Question
Fault U99 on Panasonic DVD...
Fault U99 on Panasonic DVD recorder display will not change
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/7/2010
Electronics Technician: Pradeep Mallick, Engineer replied 7 years ago
Pradeep Mallick
Pradeep Mallick, Engineer
Hello dear customer.
Thank you for using just answer.
I am glad to be at your service.

Dear Sir/Madam

Dear customer did your try to RESET the unit?

There are two conventional ways to reset your device.

METHOD 1 - Press and hold the POWER button for more than ten seconds.
This shall reset your system which I guess you must have tried.

METHOD 2 - There should be a small hole on the unit itself just beside the switch panel.
Press and hold a pointed pin in it for about 2 seconds.
The system shall RESET.
Inorder to make the location of the hole more easy for you , I have also provided a link at the end from where you can download your manual for free and refer to page 66 of that manual to find the diagrammatic location of the hole and information regarding how to reset the device.

Next problem is to get out of the error code U99.

PROBLEM - U99 is a code which appears on the display unit of the device itself which indicates that the system is failing to operate properly.
Generally this problem occurs due to discontinuous power failure or standby by failure.

SOLUTION - With reference to the user manual of this device , the manual says
Press [POWER ] on the main unit to switch
the unit to standby. Press [POWER ] on the main unit again to turn the unit on.
This shall solve your problem.
You should additionally also check for continuous power supply and also connect the device to a power surge gear if not connected to one.
You can refer to page 75 of the manual provided at the end to get detailed information regarding this problem.

It is also advisable to follow the safety precautions which have been provided at the opening pages of the manual which as been provided.

Following all the instructions shall have your device mended and shall avoid problems in future.
As stated above I am now providing you the link from where you can download the manual -
Here is the link -
http://www.retrevo.com/support/Panasonic-DMR-EZ27-DVD-Players-manual/id/2811ag421/t/2/

Hope the information provided was helpful.
IF MY SERVICE WAS SATISFACTORY THEN PLEASE REMEMBER TO ACCEPT.
A POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND A BONUS ARE ALWAYS THANKFUL.
Regards
Pradeep.
(THANK YOU AGAIN FOR USING JUST ANSWER.)

1. The manual is for the USA, I'm in the UK

2. I've tried holding the on/off switch.

Off shows the time on the display.

On shows U99 on the display there seems to be a 'click' from the machine when

doing this.

3. There is no small hole that I can see to 're-set' my machine.

4. Connections to the main supply etc all OK.

Well I guess in this situation , the only problem is the main board of the device.
Which must have developed a short circuit.
This may have happened due to power surges or sudden changes in voltages.
To solve this problem , you shall have to visit a nearest service centre and check for the short circuits.
That shall solve your problem.
Regards
Pradeep
Pradeep Mallick
Pradeep Mallick, Engineer

Sending it for examination.

Not happy with the wrong manual.

But will accept.