Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have A RCA Thomson component unit with a 5 disc changer mo…

Customer Question
I have A RCA Thomson...
I have A RCA Thomson component unit with a 5 disc changer model RS253TK
and the changer is not working correctly. It skips over CD and will only play a few.

MM
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/30/2010
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 8 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
2. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
3. the question may be unclear

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator

Do you have an expert that knows about the RCA Five Disc Changers Model RS253TK?

Thank You, MM

Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Aric, Technician

You can try several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.

If it still doesn't work, you can opt to clean the lens directly, by using isopropyl alcohol, and a lint-free cloth to gently wipe the "eye". Then use a dry spot on the cloth to buff the eye clean. If the CD player is still not reading discs, then the lens or transport mechanism is faulty and would need to be replaced.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!