Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

We have moved all electronics equipment about 50 ft from our…

Customer Question
We have moved all electronics...
We have moved all electronics equipment about 50 ft from our HD television and installed a "dinky link" for remote access. As a result, our HD channels black out continually for a second or two at a time (visual and audio). I don't know the technical name of the cable wire our installer used, but I do know that he ordered wire specifically for HD. Is there anything we can do short of moving the HD box closer to the TV?
Our installer is to return tomorrow AM.

Thank you,
Kathy
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/29/2010
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Aric, Technician

Did the installer use an HDMI (High-Def Media Interface) cable? If so, then the run distance is too long for HDMI to reliably support it. He should install an HDMI repeater/extender near the TV to boost the signal going to it from the box to the TV. The HDMI is cutting out due to the length of the run at this point, and the repeater will take care of that. It can be found at the link below:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=180-656

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!