Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Own a Nissan Note - Cannot play music via USB. It detects…

Customer Question
Own a Nissan Note -...
Own a Nissan Note - Cannot play music via USB. It detects but goes not farther. Music was downloaded from an Apple PC. Is it therefore a format problem and can it be solved.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/30/2010
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 8 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
2. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
3. the question may be unclear

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator

Do not understand your set reply. Question was very clear. Nissan Note Connect will not play a memory stick loaded with music. USB port says it is detected but adds please wait and nothing happens. Question is simple what is answer !!

If you cannot answer please refund deposit asap thanks

I will try to find an Expert to assist you....

Thank you for your continued patience :)
I repeat that the music was downloaded via an Apple PC - can gthat make a difference and if so what is the recommendation
Electronics Technician: Daniel, Mac Genius replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Mac Genius
Hello, my name is Dan.
I am quite sure that I can assist you with this but not with the amount of information that you have supplied.
I am assuming that you used iTunes to download the music onto the thumb drive?
What format did you use for the music? Are they MP3s, AAC? This is necessary information and without it I cannot formulate an answer.

Hello Dan

Taken some time - my daughter downloaded I Tunes from her Apple PC. We cannot answer if MP3s or AAC but having put memory stick into my PC (Windows Vista) I see that files are a mixture of MB, M4A and M4P - any help ?

George

Yes, actually that is a help.
It is most likely that you need it in MP3 format. ITunes can do that, can you tell me what version of Mac OS X she has on our Apple Computer and the version of iTunes?
To find this information click on the Apple in the upper left corner and do what it shows in the images.
graphic
graphic
Then you can open iTunes and from the drop-down menu for iTunes select 'About ITunes'.
Once you tell me that I can tell you the correct steps to use in those versions to format the music correctly so that your Nissan note can play it.

Very very sad to see that you have taken my money without answering the question - will I never learn

We have not taken your money without an answer. I asked you What version of Mac OS X you have on the Apple and what version of iTunes. I cannot give you an answer out of thin air, or one that you can use at least.
This requires cooperation on your part.
So what version of Mac OS X do you have?
graphic
graphic
graphic