Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My kindle wont let me set up the verbal reading of a novel…

Customer Question
My kindle won't let me...
My kindle won't let me set up the verbal reading of a novel I have. It has worked in the past, but the page to set it keeps blinking on and off and it doesn't respond to the five way to move the curasor so I can hold it on speechl The battery should be up, as all the columns are dark. What do I need to do? Alan Korte with a large kindle.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
Electronics Technician: EExpert, Engineer replied 8 years ago
EExpert
EExpert, Engineer
Hi

which version of kindle do you have?
Kindle 1, 2 or DX?
I am color blind and can/t tell which box is green to get you ;aid. I'm willing to pay it, but my wife says there isn't any green box in your list. Figure out another way to get ;aid. Plus, what more do you want to know from me?
Hi

You will see the green box after I answer. Dont worry about it.

I wanted to know which version of Kindle are you using?
Is it 1st version or 2nd version or 3rd (Kindle DX)
if you dont know which one then when did you buy it?

I still don't know what more information he needs. I can;'t keep the box up long enough to hold down the key to let the voice read the novel. It suddenly goes black. So then I reapeat the procedure and it happens again. No voice. I would like to hear the book, as my eyes are not good and it is an easier way for me to hear it and not have to read it, even though the large type helps. Please advise, as it is an important use for me for teh Kindal, but Ive held off purchasing more books until I am sure that it is reliable. Alan Korte

Hi

Please follow these steps to reset kindle.

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/how-to-reset-the-amazon-kindle/

If that doesnt help then you will have to contact amazon and get this repaired or replaced.
Since there is no customer service phone number at this time, here are the steps you need to follow:

1 - Go to: This Link
2 - Login with your Amazon.com username/password
3 - Click the brown "Phone" tab
4 - Select an Issue from the blue box
5 - Click the "Call Me" button. We have reports that their average response time is 2 minutes.