Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I had a paper jam in my fax FO-A650 model. I cleared the jam…

Customer Question
I had a paper jam...
I had a paper jam in my fax FO-A650 model. I cleared the jam and put in a new film, but the display still flashes "CHECK FILM/CHECK COVER/CHECK PAPER JAM". Can I re-set the fax?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2010
Electronics Technician: EExpert, Engineer replied 8 years ago
EExpert
EExpert, Engineer
Hi

You can find the manual here. Please follow the troubleshooting information.

http://support.sharp.net.au/downloads/opmanuals/FOA650OM.pdf

If that doesnt help then its a hardware problem. Unplug the unit and restart it after 30 minutes.

please call sharp at

(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Hi

I already have a hard copy of the fax manual, and I've looked at all the relevant pages but didn't find anything that helped. I've also unplugged the fax for a whole day but it didn't help because when I restarted it, the same messages were displayed. I still can't do copies or send faxes and yet the telephone still works. I'm not in the US so the number for sharp you gave me wouldn't work for me.
Electronics Technician: NeOh, Engineer replied 8 years ago
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer

Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

go back to the imaging film that were used previously and use that for all the stuff because your fax has got used to the imaging film

Electronics Technician: Robert Preston, Technician replied 8 years ago
Robert Preston
Robert Preston, Technician

If the error is still there, then there's something in the machine still you aren't seeing.

Unplug it completely from all cables

Lift it up, turn it upside down and shake it a bit to see if anything comes loose.

Check the rear access and front access using a flashlight to look for any tiny paper scraps or anything else that could be hard to see.

Try forcing a very thick piece of paper into the rollers to see if it dislodges anything.

Finally try using a dampened lint free cloth to clean the rollers in the printer.

See if that works...
Hi Robert,
Your answer seems worth a try. Perhaps there is a small piece of paper hiding in there. I'll see if it works.
Electronics Technician: AnswerManCharles, Technician replied 8 years ago
AnswerManCharles
AnswerManCharles, Technician
These messages appear if there is a problem in the print compartment that prevents printing. Check to see the film cartridge has been loaded properly. Because the film was just changed the new film is most likely not loaded properly or defective. Make sure the operation panel is completely closed, press firmly on each side, the message will not clear until the interlock is activated by the cover closing. If a paper jam occurred, verify that the jam was removed as Robert suggested.