Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

On the Datexx Digital Assisstant touch screen organizer (DB-430),

Customer Question
what do you do if...
On the Datexx Digital Assisstant touch screen organizer (DB-430), what do you do if the down arrow will not go down to the date (mm/dd/yyyy) from the city and will not go down automatically either?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/29/2010
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 8 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator
On the Datexx Personal Digital Assisstant Touch Screen Organizer (model number DB-430), what do you do if the down arrow will not go down to the date (mm/dd/yyyy) from the city and will not go down automatically either? The primary screen on this device is where the main city of your time zone is (such as Chicago(CHI)), day (SUN, MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI, or SAT), the date (such as 1 - 1 - 2003), the time (such as army time 15 - 22 - 20), the alphabet (A, B, C, etc.), some commands (such as EDIT and INS), and some punctuation marks are displayed. The small down arrow on this device is supposed to take the "cursor" down from the city to the date, and from the date to the time, but it will not do it. It stays stuck on the city. This company's customer service number is: 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX, and they are open probably from 9 to 5 EDST if you have to get the answer from them. Thank you. Grant

I apologize for being sarcastic in my last reply, but I was really frustrated about this crummy piece of electronic equipment made in China (obviously, ha!) that is supposed to work right all the way through, but I am not surprised that it doesn't work with the bad rep that Chinese electronics and many other things made in China have. Thank you. My apologies again, Grant

Hi Grant:

No problem what so ever...I can understand your frustration, and I'm sorry I haven't been able to find anyone to assist you...I'll keep trying until you tell me otherwise :)
Electronics Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 8 years ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Hi Grant and thanks for using JustAnswer!

I've just started examining your issue, but I need some more information from you...

What exactly are you trying to do? Initial setup? A new meeting? Adding a new person? Editing data?

Please be specific here, as the different arrows do different things depending on what mode/function you are under.

Please advise and we can proceed.

-Dan