Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Firmware update 2.09 doesnt work. I have loaded twice, once…

Customer Question
Firmware update 2.09 doesn't work...
Firmware update 2.09 doesn't work. I have loaded twice, once direct to my BD3600, the second time using a flash drive through the USB port with the firmware downloaded on it from the Samsung website. My new blu-rays from Netflix will only go so far as scrolling the Paramount or Universal scrolling screen then immediately lock up sending a no signal message to my TV. Samsung website is useless. It is happening on all 3 of the 3600's I bought folks for Christmas, so it is not a hardware issue. Where do I get a fix?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/29/2010
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 8 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator

The DVD is a Samsung BD-P3600. The other two are the same model. We have all been asked to update from firmware 2.07 to 2.09. Since doing so we have not been able to play multiple Blu-Ray discs from Netflix. Two of them freeze up after scrolling the Paramount or Universal Studios part of the loading process, the other hangs up on the main menu page, giving us a no signal message on our TV screens. I have been trying to find a fix through the Samsung website to no avail. I have to say that sometimes when we try multiple times it will start playing and then work flawlessly through the movie, other times it continues to freeze up at the same point over and over again. Any suggestions?

Electronics Technician: Jeff, Technician replied 8 years ago
Jeff
Jeff, Technician
Can you try a new BD?

some librarys have BD, or buy one,

There is a chance the discs are the problem.

Can you try the discs on another BD player?
Yes, the discs work on other players.
You should call 1 800 SAMSUNG and ask to speak to the escalation department. You will need the model code and serial number for all three.

I would suggest you ask for all 3 to be replaced.

They will want you to ship all 3 in, or bring them to a service center, be adamant about this should not happen to 3 out of 3 units.

Unfortunately, Samsung has been having issues with many of their products.

Please let me know how it goes

I wish you the best!