Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I bought Maps on Friday night, 3 days ago, I bought 2 SD cards,

Customer Question
1 x 2GB and 1...
I bought Maps on Friday night, 3 days ago, I bought 2 SD cards, 1 x 2GB and 1 x 4GB, it takes 5 hours to get 50% downloaded and then hangs. Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/29/2010
Electronics Technician: Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician replied 8 years ago
Craig
Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician
Did you format the SD cards first? Is the 'lock' switch 'off' on the SD card? You need a fast internet connection. That's why it takes so long.
Craig
How do I format the SD card? In any event, after the 15th effort, it worked, and, it took about 5 hours but it was completed.