Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a sony dcr-trv830 digital camera and i ordered a vct-60av…

Customer Question
I have a sony dcr-trv830...
I have a sony dcr-trv830 digital camera and i ordered a vct-60av are the compatible and do i need to purchace cables to make this system work?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/28/2010
Electronics Technician: NeOh, Engineer replied 8 years ago
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer
Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

could you please explain the situation much more clear ?

I have an older sony digital camcorder, at one time you could order a tripod that would control the record and pause functions and your wide angle shots. the tripod is not remote controlled. the camera number is XXXXX top of the line at the time of purchase. the tripod is a new number VCT-60AV. Do I need special cables to connect these two devices to make them work?
My camcorder has S Video -ID-2 audio and video, fire wire and usb inputs. does that help a little.

I think you need separate cables to connect. because your camcorder is not listed in the compatible device list in this link

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665304381#compatability

Goto the above link and check all the compatible models. if its there , then you can use directly. but if its not listed you've to used another cables