Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

my 4802R will not stay on. The standby/on button is flashing…

Customer Question
my 4802R will not stay...
my 4802R will not stay on. The standby/on button is flashing quickly. I push it once the light goes solid. Push it again, the unit comes on and then quickly turns off..back to flashing light again..I have unplugged the unit for 1 hr..no change.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/28/2010
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 8 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator

That is as clear as I can state the problem. The unit is a Denon AV Reciever (mdl 4802R)...There is nothing further that it is doing (or not doing)..

Thanks

MP

Electronics Technician: Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center replied 8 years ago
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Hello
I have loved Electronics since I was 5 years old
I have been servicing Electronics for better than 20 years
All you can do with this is unhook everything ALL speakers all inputs
does it still behave like this?
if so itr will need service
it will need a qualified tech to look at it
Audio amps are not easy to fix
it is going into protect
that means its in trouble
if you disconnect evrything and it still does it then th eproblem is in the audio amplifier