Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Received an RCA flash mp3 player for Christmas. Now it says…

Customer Question
Received an RCA flash mp3...
Received an RCA flash mp3 player for Christmas. Now it says "file not found" for all music loaded. It seems to have lost its formatting. When I plug into computer, it doesn't do anything. What do I do since there was no CD software?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/27/2010
Electronics Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

Do you have the model number of the unit by any chance ?

RCA TH1702
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Have you tried any of these procedures to try and clear the fault on the unit?

If your player stops responding to key presses,

you can reset it by removing and re-installing

the battery. Most of your settings will be

preserved; only the settings that you have

changed after your last power off will be lost.

• This player may temporarily cease to function if

subjected to electrostatic disturbance.

To resume normal operation, it may be

necessary to cycle the power off and back on or

by removing and re-installing the battery.

• Make sure the Lock function is not activated

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX already tried that repeatedly. Even changed the battery to a new one. Each time I power on, it says the memory is full and immediately powers back off. The memory wasn't even close to full (12 songs on it) before it started this. This is the same message I received when I first received it. Had to install the software from the device first (no cd) into the computer. Now when I plug it in, my computer recognizes the device is there, but won't let me open, install, add, delete, etc. And the software has dissappeared from my computer. Thought maybe I needed to download software again, but not sure, and can't find the software to do so. Lock function is not activated.

I am unsure what the problem is. I will Opt Out and let other experts view the question.