Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a handful of Onkyo receivers in my house and we had…

Customer Question
I have a handful of...
I have a handful of Onkyo receivers in my house and we had a storm the other day and when I got home none of my Onkyo products work. My other brands are fine but not Onkyo. What could be the problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/27/2010
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello, It's possible that the storm and lightning could have blown the fuses in the onkyo units but before ruling that, let's try disconnecting AC power to them for 60 minutes, then upon plugging back in press and hold the power button for 3-5 seconds to reset the unit. Let me know if this works.