Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Why cant I download the 1907MB City European Maps NT to my…

Customer Question
Why can't I download the...
Why can't I download the 1907MB City European Maps NT to my nuvi 255W when I have and extra 4GB datacard installed? It still says insufficient space. Please help. Thanks. Rudi Garcia.

Are you still working on the problem?

Any progress?

I just disconnected the Garmin from the Mac Computer I'm using and it asked me what country I was in and I chose Spain and it took me to Spain--Have I downloaded the maps or not? How do I get back to the U.S.? Take out the datacard? I won't do that as we land in Spain. We'll see. Keep working as I want to be sure. Cheers, Nicasio
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 day by:
6/28/2010
Electronics Technician: Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician replied 8 years ago
Craig
Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician
The download process requires you to install the free Garmin Communicator Plugin on your computer so they can communicate with your device. Note: The download is installed directly to a Garmin device or microSD/SD card and is not accessible on the computer.

Go here:
http://www8.garmin.com/support/download.jsp