Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

When I connect my Sony Reader to my computer, the Reader Library…

Customer Question
When I connect my Sony...
When I connect my Sony Reader to my computer, the Reader Library gives an error box with the text "Invalid Syntax". The Reader Library then shows "ERROR" next to the device icon in the left pane. I tried reinstalling the reader library, rebooting the computer, different USB cable. I even tried a fresh install on another computer. Same error. What could be going on?

Thanks,

Chad
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/26/2010
Electronics Technician: Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician replied 8 years ago
Craig
Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician
I have found this about your problem:

You might try to reformat it to see if this helps. Be aware that reformatting will delete all of the files currently on the reader. (Look under settings/advanced settings for the option to reformat. Then I think you can re download the ebooks.
Try this and let me know...
"Format Memory" is what I see there. Is that the correct command?
Yes
Craig
Did resolve the issue; successful sync operation following format. Thanks!
Thank You !