Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Dynex DX-LDVD22-10A and the DVD does not read the…

Customer Question
I have a Dynex DX-LDVD22-10A...
I have a Dynex DX-LDVD22-10A and the DVD does not read the disc. It was a Christmas gift is there any way to make it read or does it have to back to Best Buy?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/26/2010
Electronics Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 8 years ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Have you tried your discs in a different DVD player? If they work in another player, my recommendation is to unplug your unit from the wall for 5 minutes, then plug it back it. This will allow the RAM/DIMM/EPROM to reset and reboot, accordingly.

If your discs do not play in another player, take a look at your discs. Are they copies of DVDs or originals? Were they purchased in another region of the world? Was the player purchased in another region of the world? You could be having a Region compatibility issue.

Please try & advise if further assistance is requested.

Hope this helps!

-Dan
I told you that i clean the disc and tried the same thing. It doen't work and your answer was useless.
I appreciate your frustration. Unfortunately, we can't get very far in this process if you don't answer my previous questions.

Do your DVDs work in another DVD player?

Were the DVDs and the player purchased in the same region of the world?

Are the DVDs original or are they copies?

Please advise and I will be happy to assist further.

-Dan