Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Pioneer Dv-F727 and there is no display at all.

Customer Question
  There is sound and...
I have a Pioneer Dv-F727 and there is no display at all.   There is sound and the dvd plays but the picture isn't there.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/26/2010
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to the site,

Initially, all the video output mode passes through a video selector IC (BU4551BF) and a 3IN 6OUT Video Amp (LA7135AM). Failure of either or both would result to no video feed to the monitor/TV. The audio passes through a different circuitry and therefore would not be affected.

Offhand, this would then be a hardware fault and require the Pioneer DV-F727 to be opened up to confirm diagnosis and effect repairs. Options then are:
  • consider a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair if and only if comfortable working with electronic components & circuitry, use of a DVM/VOM, a soldering iron/station, preferably a scope and safe practices with electrically powered devices. Access to a Service Manual or at the very least, a schematic diagram would be a necessity;
  • should you be uncomfortable with a DIY, perhaps your best bet would then be to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Service Center or a qualified professional.

Are you considering a DIY? If yes, I can provide the schematics/Service Manual (if necessary), guides to test points and repair procedures.

Good luck and thank you for asking.

Edited by Benimur on 6/26/2010 at 6:30 AM EST