Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

how do i get the dvd player to work on my kenwood excelon…

Customer Question
how do i get the...
how do i get the dvd player to work on my kenwood excelon xxv-05v
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/25/2010
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Aric, Technician
What happens when you try to play the DVD?
the audio on dvd plays but no video

Do you have the parking brake wire interfaced?

Also, could you please repost the entire model number of the Kenwood unit?

Edited by aricaudio on 6/25/2010 at 7:58 PM EST
i bought the stereo used. which wire is the parking brake and what do you mean interfaced. kenwood excelon 25th anniversarry xxv-05v

The Pink wire is the P-brake wire, and it needs to be connected to the Parking Brake, in order for the DVD to play, the parking brake must be engaged. This is a safety feature to ensure that no one drives while watching TV. However, there is a module designed to bypass this, so that "passengers" can watch the DVD while you're driving. This Universal trigger module by PAC can interface the Pbrake wire on the Kenwood unit and allow you to view the DVD.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PAC+-+Universal+Trigger+Output+Module/9046276.p?skuId=9046276&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9046276&ref=06&loc=01&id=1218012135081

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!