Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Not sure if I have the correct category or not. Im needing…

Not sure if I have...
Not sure if I have the correct category or not.

I'm needing to call the London, UK phone operator to find a hospital # XXXXX My landline provider is no help. They searched online as I did. I tried online directories to search for hospital but no go. This hospital is new so no online directory will have such number. I only know its in London, UK. That's it!

If there is another way to search for such #, please let me know.

Thanks!
6/25/2010
James, Technician
Hi There,

Do you have no other information other than the fact that it is in London? There are quite a few hospitals in London, all though to my knowledge non of them are new.

London is a pretty massive town, without more information even the UK phone operators won't have a clue.

I do have the name of the hospital. St. Olive Hospital in London, UK. I was told its pretty new hospital there. I know this person has a cell phone # XXXXX the UK just making sure they are actually at this hospital as they say. Being careful, myself!
Hi There,

I've had a check for you, as I'm based in London and the name is XXXXX XXXXX nor is it familiar to any of the UK directory services.

That's what I needed to know. Thanks!

I wanted to see if this person was lieing or trying to scam me.
The phone # XXXXX was given is a UK #. Not sure of this persons true location. Can u get a UK # XXXXX if you are physically in another country like Nigeria?
Hi There,

Depends completely on the number to be honest with you, it's relatively easy to set up a forwarding number, or to set a UK number to forward to a different country.

Typically a entering the number into Google will bring up a fair bit of information about it, especially if it has been used for nefarious purposes.

James, Technician
That's what I thought. <br /><br />Can u tell me how to call the London phone operator from the USA so I can call them for the # XXXXX for tis hospital then? I can't find it with my landline provider nor on the net.
I have contacted the phone provider of this UK # XXXXX see if they can give me any clue if the person is physically in the UK or forwarding it to another country like Nigeria.

I've done this before from someone who ended up being in Nigeria.
I just found out today that this London phone # XXXXX XXXXX virtual one so it can be forwarded to another country. There is no guarantee that he is physically in London even though a package was picked up there.