Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

howdy, i have an LG FA-2100 AMP... EVERYTHING WAS SET UP AND…

Customer Question
howdy, i have an LG FA-2100...
howdy,
i have an LG FA-2100 AMP... EVERYTHING WAS SET UP AND WORKING UNTIL I HAD A POWER OUTAGE... IT WAS STILL WORKING WHEN I TURNED IT BACK ON, BUT THE LETTERING ON THE SCREEN WAS GARBLED... SO I TURNED IT OFF, AND WHEN I TURNED IT BACK ON, I HAD NO SOUND.... MY PS3 IS PLUGGED IN WITH AN OPTICAL WIRE AND THE SETTINGS SEEMED TO HAVE DISAPPEARED...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/25/2010
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, It's possible that one of two things happened. Either the microprocessor glitched when the power went out, or it took a surge when power was restored and has a faulty processor at this point. Initially, try disconnecting AC power to the unit for 60 minutes, then upon plugging back in press and hold the power button for 3-5 seconds to see if the unit resets. Let me know what happens either way.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!

howdy,
i unplugged it for 2 hours and followed your advice, and to no avail :(
How long have you had this item and did you buy it brand new from an authorized dealer?
i've had it for 4 years and it was bought from the store.... i've managed to get 2 out of the 5 speakers working, but i can't seem to get the rest...
What did you end up doing to get the 2 speakers working?