Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a portable DVD player (SD-P1750SN). How can I play…

Customer Question
I have a portable DVD...
I have a portable DVD player (SD-P1750SN). How can I play for the kids german dvds?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/25/2010
Electronics Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 8 years ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Your DVD player is not set to the proper Region. German DVDs will require your player to be set for Region 2... if your player was purchased in the US, it is set to Region 1... hence, your dilemma. No worries, though... here is your remedy (be sure to consult Toshiba, as altering your Region code may affect your warranty):

1. Turn power on
2. Open the DVD tray
3. Press 2, 4, 0, 3, 9, 6, 0, ENTER (or SELECT) to change the Region... you will need Region 2. You may have to use the arrow UP or arrow DOWN keys for this
4. Close the DVD tray
5. Turn power off
6. Turn power on

These codes are finicky... let me know if this one works... if it doesn't, we'll try another!

Thank you.

Unfortunately, it does not work. If I power on and I open the tray I get the message "no dvd".

How do I change to be enabled to change the code?

Thanks.

Christoph
Unfortunately, this is the only process listed for your model number.

Would you, perhaps, like me to suggest a region-free DVD player to purchase?

-Dan

Edited by Professor Ohm on 7/1/2010 at 2:06 AM EST
Dan,

May be, I did not understand your instructions. The DVD player is a portable one. I do not have the possibilities to press numbers as instructed.

Do I need to push another buttom or a combination of buttoms to be enabled to make the change?

Christoph
Christoph,

I beg your pardon... the instructions I gave you were for a similarly coded non-portable unit. I have searched my resources and consulted with a few other experts and we cannot locate a region code for your unit.

I can assist you in locating a region-free model, or you can opt out of this question to have another expert give it a shot.

Please advise.

I'm sorry I was not of greater assistance.

Regards,
Dan,

I certainly can locate a region-free model myself.

Hopefully, you agree that I will not accept the answer.

Thank you for trying.

Christoph
Christoph,

Certainly I do not expect you to accept. Thanks for allowing me to try, though... and thanks again for using JustAnswer!

Regards,