Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I just bougt a ps3 from a friend and he had it hooked up with…

Customer Question
I just bougt a ps3...
I just bougt a ps3 from a friend and he had it hooked up with an hdmi cable it worked at his house I brought it home and I had to purchase a red, white, and yellow hook up for my tv and when i hooked it up and turned it on the screen flickered he said there was something you have to do when changeing it from hd to what i have can you help please!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/24/2010
Electronics Technician: iMayne, Technician replied 8 years ago
iMayne
iMayne, Technician
Hello

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

The PS is currently set to display video from the HDMI port. It needs to be reset.

1. Power off PS. Not from back but from front. The red light should be on.

2. Hold the power button down for 10 secs. The PS should restarts.

OR, read this tip here. Either should work fine.

Thats it.

Regards,
iMayne

Edited by iMayne on 6/24/2010 at 7:52 AM EST
Any luck with my method?

Regards,
iMayne