Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have purchased a used dect 6.0 phone setup and the handsets…

Customer Question
I have purchased a used...
I have purchased a used dect 6.0 phone setup and the handsets will not do anything except say searching and they are fully charged. so the only phone I can use is the base and the base won't register the handsets it says registration failed. How do I get these to work right
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/23/2010
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome,

Can you tell me the Model number of the system you have?

It should be printed on the base unit, usually on the bottom or back, on a sticker.

Also, are ALL the handsets the same model?

Thanks

Model # XXXXX
yes they all came together in the box they were purchased in.
yes they have the same number printed in battery area

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay.

Was this a brand new set of phones, or did you get them used?

Let me first send along a link to the manual, just in case you need it. This is a PDF file that you should be able to click on and view it on your computer. From there, you should be able to save it for later reference (just save it on your desktop) or even print it out, if you need to.

1588-3 manual

Once you have the manual, take a look at page 59, which shows how to RESET the handsets. When you do this, try to do one handset at a time, and then try to register it again (starting on page 13).

From page 59 - you will press the END and # XXXXX about 5-10 seconds and then select Deregister Handset. Then you will select the handset that you want to reset and press MENU/SELECT. You will be asked to confirm deregistration - pick YES. You should get a message on the handset that says that it is not registered. Then you can try the registration process again.

Again, make sure you do try the registration process with only one handset at a time.

Please let if you have any problems with that PDF file and how the process goes.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX