Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Kindle hAs frozen and I have tried the reset suggestions…

Customer Question
My Kindle hAs frozen and...
My Kindle hAs frozen and I have tried the reset suggestions I found on line, but nothing worked. I removed the battery and the screen image stayed on. I pressed the reset button for 10 seconds after putting the bettery back in the unit, but it did not respond. Is there anything further I can do. I am in a remote area and have no way of getting to a Kindle technician. Fred xxxxx [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/23/2010
Electronics Technician: Chris, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Chris
Chris, Engineer
I am guessing that you already pressed the reset button under the back cover using a paper clip and that did nothing. Make sure you hold the button down for about 10 seconds.

If that did nothing try it again while connected to a computer.

When you removed the battery did you also remove the wiring connection that connects the battery to the device?

Try that. Give it a few minutes if the display is still on. You want to wait until the display fades out before you plug the battery back in.

Also make sure it is not connected to a wall charger or laptop. Let me know if it's still frozen after you have tried all that.