Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

my kindle is dark and is fully charged, when turned on and…

Customer Question
my kindle is dark and...
my kindle is dark and is fully charged, when turned on and there is a spot in the rt. top corner that won't leave the sleeping mode
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/22/2010
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Aric, Technician

Depending on which model Kindle you have, it would be worth trying to reset it using one of the procedures below:

How to Reset the Amazon Kindle 2

Resetting Kindle 2 is easy, all you need to do is follow 3 steps below:

1. press and hold the power button for 15 seconds and then release.
  2. Once your kindle is Off remove the batteries for 10 seconds and reinsert it back.
  3. Turn On the Kindle.

How to Reset the Amazon Kindle 1

kindle-resetReseting kindle 1 is a little bit complicated than Kindle 2. Checkout the steps below:

1. First, you need something pointed like a paper clip or the tip of your earing.
  2. Now, open the back cover of your kindle by pressing it firmly while sliding it to the right using your thumbs.
  3. You will then see the reset button as shown on the picture. Use the paper-clip or your earing's pointed tip to press on the reset button.
  4. A few seconds after pressing the button, your kindle will then reboot and will be restored.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!

i have the kindle 2,and tried to reset; would not reset

Were you able to get the back cover off and remove the batteries?