Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Garmin 650 Navigator and the screen is locked. I…

Customer Question
I have a Garmin 650...
I have a Garmin 650 Navigator and the screen is locked. I need help getting the system reset so the touch screen will work again.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/21/2010
Electronics Technician: NeOh, Engineer replied 8 years ago
NeOh
NeOh, Engineer
Chat Conversation Started
Please follow the instructions in this link to resolve the issue

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/06/09/how-to-reset-garmin-nuvi-gps-device-access-maintenance-mode/

I'm giving this link because it's clearly explained there . Please let me know if you've any queries

I tried this procedure twice and it did not unlock the screen or take me to a maintenance program.

is it asking for any PIN for unlocking ?

I can't do anything on the screen. It does not ask for a pin. Please do not bill me for this service. You have not helped me fix this problem and I was led to believe that I would get some live on web help. I will call Garmin today and have them help me fix this problem.,

I'll refer this question to other expert. I'm opting out the question
Electronics Technician: Rod, Systems Engineer replied 8 years ago
Rod, Systems Engineer

I will try to assist. It appears the screen is locked - to unlock the screen tap the power button. Screen lock is accomplished by the Speaker/sound Icon on the screen - but unlock is a tap on the power button.

Thanks,