Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a Sony CDP-CX355, which I constantly get a table error

Customer Question
on. Is there anyway...
I have a Sony CDP-CX355, which I constantly get a table error on. Is there anyway to fix this? The table just continues to spin, back and forth.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 day by:
6/22/2010
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 7 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator
Relist: I still need help.
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Try unplugging AC power to the unit for 60 minutes, then plug back in and power on while pressing the eject button. Let me know what happens.

Also, it may be possible that the lens is dirty and that not reading the discs is causing the unit to continuously search for the discs. Let me know and we can go from there.

I have unplugged it for several days, and while it doesn't have an 'eject' button, it does have an open/close button for the front door. I have powered it on, and held almost every button down during the process. It continues to spin back and forth for awhile before still telling me that there is a table error.
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 years ago
I will opt out and open the question to other experts.
Electronics Technician: Shahid_Sony, Technician replied 6 years ago
Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician
Can I help you to get it fixed?
Thanks.
If you think you are able to help me get it fixed, by all means please do.
OK, this unit has few opto-coupler / sensors in disc mechanism to send movement signals to system control chip and any of opto-coupler looks defective and causing table spin constantly.
This unit has bit complicated disc mechanism and if you are handy with electronics stuff repair then take off top cover of unit and disassemble disc mechanism to take out table, 4 sensors are located on T-Sensor board under that table and I believe any of them is bad.
You should have related service manual copy that will help you in disassemble process as it has exploded views for that.
Hope these info will help.
Thanks.
I've removed the T-Sensor board from the unit. None of the 4 sensors on the board look defective, that being said, I'm waiting for a friend to return my multi-meter so that I can run a few more tests on the sensors.
If you get pulse from sensors on that board then it is fine. Below are PCB and Schematics images of T Sensor board that will help to test it properly. I would again recommend to have service manual copy of unit.

Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician