Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Hi my name is john . i have a portable dvd player and 1 section…

Customer Question
Hi my name is XXXXX...
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX
i have a portable dvd player and 1 section of the screen is dark .can it be repaired.-
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/21/2010
Electronics Technician: Neil, Engineer replied 8 years ago
Neil, Engineer
Hi

Is it a rectangular section of screen and how large?
Hi one part of the screen is dark ,just like if a light bulb went out can it be repaired .please let me know. Thank you John

This is usually not economically repairable I'm afraid... If you have a soldering iron you can try a repair yourself by checking the soldered connections to LCD panel, if you don't then all you can do is dismantle and check inside for any loose connection from the screen to the board.

If no luck then the cost of a new lcd is often close to the cost of a new unit...