Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My comcast home page says June 18, instead of June 20. Please…

Customer Question
My comcast home page says...
My comcast home page says June 18, instead of June 20. Please help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/20/2010
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome,

Can you tell me what page you are referring to? If you can copy & paste in the URL, that would be good.

Can you tell me what type of computer or device that you are using to access that page?

The first thing I would check is the Date and Time on your device to see if that is correct, as web pages will often display the time of the local computer or device.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks, XXXXX

The time on my computer is incorrect. It says 4:05AM. My computer is a windows xp, and a security message comes up when I try to go from start to internet. If I circumvent the message, I get June 18 instead of June 20 in the internet home page. I haven't used the computer in any untoward way. I just don't know what to do now. Thank you. Norma

Hi again,

OK - I don't know what time zone you are in, but what I want to do is have you check the time AND date on your computer. In most systems, at the lower-right of the screen, you will see the time displayed. If you "hover" your mouse over that time, you should see the date displayed, as shown below (yours may be slightly different from my screen).

graphic

If you double-click on the time, then you should see the following screen. This is where you can correct the time on your system.

graphic

To change the hour, just click on the Hour part of the time and then click the UP or DOWN arrows (next to the time - to the right). The same applies for the minutes.

For the date, just click on the correct day (June 20), and then click Apply.

Please let me know what you see when you try these steps.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX