Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How can I get my Samsung LCD TV to come of standby It is…

Customer Question
How can I get my...
How can I get my Samsung LCD TV to come of standby? It is as if it has frozen I have tried switching of from the mains, tried to turn on tv by remote and the buttons on the side of the tv and also unplugged the cables at the back of the tv but nothing?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/20/2010
Electronics Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

Do you have any power lights on the set ?

Do you hear a clicking from the rear of the set when you try to turn it on ?

hi

Yes there is a red light blinks steadily and no clicking sound either.

Amanda

Hi There,

Chances are there is a problem with the power supply board in the TV.

The only thing I would suggest is to leave it unplugged for 24hrs then try turning it on again. This has the effect of discharging all of the capacitors within the unit, and effectively soft rebooting the unit.

What to do next depends entirely on whether you want to try and fix it at home, and have a good multimeter and are comfortable with soldering. If you are then let me know and I'll tell you what to look for. Otherwise you'd be best off taking it to a local electronics repair shop.

Typically the some of the capacitors on the board can go faulty.

Alternatively, if you have had it for less than a year, take it back to the place you bought it from and have them deal with it.

Hope this helps