Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a new Kindle and I cant get it to recharge. I believe…

Customer Question
I have a new Kindle...
I have a new Kindle and I can't get it to recharge. I believe the connection point of the charger isn't making a good connection
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/19/2010
Electronics Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

Have you had your unit longer than a year ?

No, are you implying I may return it to Amazon?
Hi There,

It seems there have been a few charging related issues with this product, I'd suggest that you get the charger returned to them under their warranty terms.

Which version of the kindle do you have ? Is the kindle still functional or is it stuck on one screen ?

It is a model DX. The Kindle is functional however it appears the connection port is damaged. I believe I need to return both the Kindle and the charger. I will contact Amazon and ask for return instructions. Do you have any additional suggestions?
Electronics Technician: AnswermanRob, Electronic Jack Of All Trades replied 8 years ago
AnswermanRob
AnswermanRob, Electronic Jack Of All Trades

I'll try to assist James. You may wish to try a master reset. Slide and hold the power switch for 20 seconds. The screen should flash and the unit will reboot. See if it will accept a charge at that point. If not, contact Amazon at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Rob
I tried the reboot before contacting Just Answer and it didn't help. I plan to return the unit if Amazon will accept the return and agree to repair it.