Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Hi, I have a pair of JBL LSR6328P studio monitors and I cant…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a pair...
Hi, I have a pair of JBL LSR6328P studio monitors and I cant get any sound on the left side all of a sudden. I was playing them pretty loud a few nights ago and the light started blinking on the one the wont work. Is there a reset button somewhere, it seems like Im not getting enough power to run the speaker. I just bought these from a studio about 9 months ago and I dont have the manual. Please tell me the speaker isnt blown. Help!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/20/2010
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Aric, Technician
Typically when the amp goes into protect mode the light will be a steady lit RED to indicate a fault. When the light flickers green, it's not getting proper voltage which would not be related to driver damage, or output IC's. It seems like there is an issue with it's power supply that is in need of service.