Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

i have a car receiver taken in on a car trade. model KDC-319…

Customer Question
i have a car receiver...
i have a car receiver taken in on a car trade. model KDC-319 i dont know original security code and would like help in re-setting code
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/20/2010
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 years ago
Aric, Technician

If the original owner set up a security code, then there's nothing you can do except for sending the unit to Kenwood with proof of purchase for them to reset it.

You'll need the remote to try the steps below:

KENWOOD KDC SECURITY CODE CLEAR procedure

Your code number is XXXXX (KCAR)

* Press numeric key "5" ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key "2" ( 3 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key "2" ( 1 time ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key
* Press numeric key "7" ( 2 times ) and press the Track UP/Next Track key

Your radio will require one of the following procedures.

Type 1
During the code request mode, while holding the DISP key depressed, press and hold the Volume UP or DOWN key for 3 seconds (so that "..." disappears).
Then using your remote enter your code.

Type 2
Press the "Auto" button and "Track up" on face of radio at the same time. The four dash lines ( . . . . ) should "disappear".

Then using your remote enter your code.

Type 3
Model# XXXXX and DPX-4030
Press and hold the 1 then the 6 preset key (preset keys are the buttons on face of radio for storing you "favorite" radio stations

). "C" should display.
Then using your remote, enter your code.

Enter your number from the remote control unit. Your code number is XXXXX (KCAR)

The security is canceled and the set enters the TUNER mode!

Also on completion of the code reset procedure , hold the track up button down for 3 seconds.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!