Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

We have a Garmin C320, we are travelling to the UK in August.

Customer Question
Is there an upgrade to...
We have a Garmin C320, we are travelling to the UK in August. Is there an upgrade to use our GPS there?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
6/19/2010
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 years ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

First of all - congratulations on planning more than a month ahead in asking this question. Most people wait until the last minute to ask this type of question.

The answer is Yes, there is a map that you can get that will allow your unit to work in the UK. What you will need to do is get the map file for the UK and other regions where you will be traveling. Here is a link to one such product.

UK Maps

I always recommend that anyone wanting these maps to get them on the SD Card. The reason for this particular format is that you can simple install the card (put it in the card slot), enable it via a menu selection, and your are ready to go. Also, when you come back home, you can just disable this card (through the same menu), remove it, and you will still have whatever maps that you already have installed on your system. If you pick another format (such as DVD or download), the current maps on your system would have been erased and would have to be reloaded.

Please check out that link I sent and see if that map fits your needs.

Take Care & Safe Travels, Greg A.